Lifeguard Manhole Safety System
Pelsue’s Lifeguard Systems function as 3 in 1 Confined Space entry systems. These systems act as an OSHA compliant barrier for the confined space, fall protection anchorage, and rescue and retrieval system. Designed for easy breakdown and setup, the Lifeguard won’t impact your efficiency and will help insure a safe working environment. Made with durable aluminum and steel the unit will last for years with proper care. These systems are capable of supporting a hoist, winch, Self Retracting Lifeline (SRL), 3-way unit or a combination of devices to best suit your application.
Compliant with standards such as OSHA 1910.146, OSHA 1926, ANSI A10.14, and ANSI Z117.1.
3-IN-1 Confined Space Barrier, Fall Arrest and Retrieval System (With appropriate SRL/3 Way Lifeline or Hoist)
- Barricade (OSHA requires open manholes must be barricaded)
- Overhead 5000lbs load lets this system qualify as a Fall Arrest System
- Able to lift 350 lbs* making it a practical retrieval system
- Portable Two Piece Unit for Easy Set-Up
- One Person setup – the upper assembly will support itself with only one attached to the lower assembly.
- Dual Anchor Points
- Complaint with Fall Arrest Standards (OSHA 1926 & ANSI A10.14), and Confined Space Entry Standards (OSHA 1910.146 & ANSI Z117.1.)
- Usable with a Hoist, Winch, SRL, 3-way or a combination of devices to be suit your application
Capacity and Compliance Specifications:
- Man Rated Load Capacity: 350 lbs.*
- Overhead Proof Load: 5000 lbs.
- System complies with OSHA safety standards when used by a competent individual.
- Upper Assembly: Structural Grade Aluminum & Steel
- Guard Assembly: Structural Grade Aluminum
- Winch Mount: 5052-H32 Aluminum
- Hardware: Grade 5 Steel
LG5A System Includes:
- 1 ea. Upper Assembly
- 1 ea. Guard Assembly’
- Set of 4 ea. Rubber Feet (shipped loose)
- 1 ea. winch bracket & mounting plate for use with standard retrieval winch.
- 1 ea. Pulley assembly with auto-lock carabiner.
- Set of flexible draw latches to anchor the assembly to the guard assembly.
Suggested winches (not included):
- PH07RSuggested accessories (not included):
- LGL-B, Secondary winch bracket
- PA01, Secondary winch pulley
This is an umbrella term by which we mean:
- The device or system is tested to insure compliance with OSHA Safety Standards for confined space rescue and retrieval or fall arrest for personnel.
- The device or system is intended to be used for confined space rescue and retrieval or fall arrest by a worker who is trained as a “competent person” and/or “qualified” per OSHA Safety Standards.